Get ready for access to the most cutting edge run training and injury rehab technology the Anti-Gravity Treadmill. FORMA now offers what until now only a small group of world class runners secretly practice – NASA technology that defies gravity.
The Alter G-Trainer offers personalized precision un-weighting benefits that build run specific endurance without the pain and risk associated with full-weight impact on joints, bones, tendons, and muscles. With a simple touch of a button, a runner can reduce bodyweight in 1% increments, all the way up to 80% of bodyweight.
How does it work?
An air sealed cushion around a runner’s midsection uses air pressure to un-weight the runner – imagine a cork being pushed up through a wine bottle. Meanwhile, the runner enjoys normal run range of motion – minus those pounds that the runner wishes to eliminate.
Who can benefit from running with Alter G technology?
- Rehabilitate AND Train with your natural gait and rhythm
- Reduce your weight to that level where impact is not harmful
- Maintain fitness while undergoing a rehab program
- No more water-run drudgery!
- Add Volume without the wear and tear
- Over-speed training
- Active recovery runs can see quicker pace for improved turnover
Ironman & Ultra Marathoners
- Unweighting allows muscles of feet, legs, hips and back to sustain training intensity with minimal risk of strains
- Assists the body into remembering quick running gait and core patterns even under fatigue
- Oh… to feel like before the old injury! With the Alter G, yes you can!
- Faster and more frequent running without the next day penalty
- Transition to earlier walking and eventually running as fractional bodyweight is gradually added
- Greatly speed-up your recovery period
- Maintain basic active movement skills and fitness levels
- Rehab now becomes a more positive experience
- Run at your college weight!
- Curious as to how losing 10 pounds would impact your running? Touch a button and be amazed – and then motivated to drop the extra luggage
FORMA provides a variety of rehabilitation and training program packages for patients and visitors to take advantage of this leading edge anti-gravity technology. Come join us for a run.
Other interesting articles:
- Alter-G G-Trainer Anti-Gravity Treadmill (YouTube)
- Lab Rat: Tread Lightly – With the help of a gravity-busting treadmill, the Lab Rat endangers a world record